Join Our Team
We’re incredibly passionate about both people and bicycles. If you share our passion and are a hardworking team player looking for a fantastic career opportunity, we want to hear from you. We hire energetic sales staff and talented bicycle mechanics for part time and full time positions. Together, our team provides an exceptional bicycle retail experience to each and every person who visits us for his or her cycling needs.
As a member of our team you will be responsible for:
- Guiding riders through every question, set-up, service, tune, and warranty
- Providing superior mechanical service
- Assembling, repairing, troubleshooting repairs, and performing quality/safety checks for all kinds of bikes
- Utilizing and contributing to our technical knowledge
- Build relationships and trust with bike owners
- Maintaining stock of the service and sales area
- Completing all paper and computer invoicing associated with repair work.
- Keep the service area clean and professional looking.
- Perform repairs within established time limits.
- Complete sales checks and accessory installs
- Communicate directly with customers concerning necessary or suggested repairs.
- Create work estimates and manage special orders through the entire process
- Help the service team achieve their performance goals
- Becoming an expert in Specialized product lines
Our ideal applicant has:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Understanding of suspensions, wheel building, and electric motor systems
- Understanding of hydraulic systems and pressures
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- A love for tinkering with bikes and components
- An obsession for quality and detail
- 1-3 years’ experience as bike mechanic/salesperson
- Proficiency with most common industry components like Shimano, SRAM, Fox, RockShox etc
- Experience with bike assembly, wheel building/truing, or Specialized e-bike maintenance
- Experience with e-bikes
- Experience with bike suspension servicing
- Possess a willingness/desire to continually learn proper service methods and new technologies
- Self-motivated, desire to help with any task
- Ability to seek assistance from others when help is needed.
- Strong attention to detail
- Committed to being fully engaged while at work
- Positive attitude
- Excellent Time Management
- Positive mental attitude
- Great interpersonal skills
- Desire to improve
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to deliver an extraordinary customer experience
- Must be comfortable with manual labor, including repetitive work, standing, and lifting up to 50lbs regularly
- Bilingual (Spanish) desirable but not required